How Do We Talk About The Issues That Matter?

    Many people believe that it's hard to have conversations about issues that matter, but I believe other wise. I think people believe this, because of the way the school system teaches students. The school system hides the ugly, and truth of history because they don't want to "offend" people, but the feelings they're protecting are the white students, parents, grandparents, etc. I'm half white myself, and I realized that the school hides the truth from us. When I was in elementary and intermediate school, I would buy history, biography, and autobiography books, so I could find out the truth and be able to read the truth with my own eyes. It's sad that our schools are hiding a lot from the students. 

    I think we need to start addressing matters at a young age. We could show videos, power-points, and even read books to students about the truth. This would allow students to understand the facts at a young age, and not just listen to what's being said at home. This allows students to grow away from generational hate, judgement, and racism. During these times in the classroom, we could allow the students to talk about it, or even debate about things in a respectful way. People will have different opinions, and kids need to realize that so they don't grow up and be hateful to other students that believe differently than them. The only thing my classroom won't tolerate is racism, hate, or judgement... if there is, the student will be excused. You're allowed to have and form your own opinion as a student but when it comes to those three things, you will be excused. We all need to learn and grow, and that honestly starts at a very young age. 

 

 

 

                                                        Universal Children\'s Day June 1 National Sovereignty and Children\'s Day,  Children transparent background PNG clipart | HiClipart

Comments