Introductory Post!

About Me: 

    Hi! My name is Raegan Olvera and I'm a freshman here at Texas State. I love to workout, hike, bake, and spend time with family/friends. If anyone has any workout splits or places they like to hike, please let me know! I'm currently living at home due to some mental health issues, and I just wanted to say... if anyone needs someone to talk to lean on, I'm always hear to listen. Please remember that mental health is just as important as physical health! 

Favorite Tik-Tok Page: 

    @Taylorrrrgrace is my favorite page on tik-tok about teachers. For one, she's a kindergarten teacher and that's the grade level I would love to teach. She's very passionate about her job and cares for her students like they are her own! 

Why Teach: 

    I've always wanted to be a teacher since I was little. I use to play school with my dad when I was younger, and I made him be the student... he was a bad "student" lol. My father kind of influenced me to become an educator because he is one himself. He always told me, "Some of these kids don't have anything to go home to, or they're going through things they shouldn't be going through at the age, so my job is to be there for them, support them, and acknowledge them," and that really hit me close. For one, I was fortunate enough to have parents that supported me but as I got older, I saw many of my friends have the opposite, so it really made me want to be there for them. Then I thought to myself, an education career could allow me to be there for students, teach them, and care for them like they're my own. I want to work with elementary kids, because that's where the foundation is. The times where they grow and start learning some new things about themselves. A subject I'm passionate about is reading/writing, because growing up I was behind in those areas, and I want to do anything possible for my students to help them in that subject matter. Teaching is something that I know I'll be passionate about. Being able to see my students grow and learn new things, would 100% be a blessing. 

Educational Aims: 

    My aims during my teaching career would be to see the students grow and learn new things throughout the school year. I know that sometimes kids have a harder time understanding a concept, or comprehending it ... so if the majority of the class understands then of course we would have to move on to the next unit, but the kids that are falling behind or not understanding, I would like to work with them one on one, either before or after school. As a teacher, you have to sacrifice your own time to make sure that your students are on the right track, and I would be more than happy to do so. My ideal classroom would have my students sitting in groups instead at individual desk. For one, I think this would help the kids to learn how to interact, socialize, and could possibly learn things from their peers. In the education world, many people believe that individual work is the only key to learning, but in the real world, you rarely do anything alone ... you have assistance from your peers, co-workers, bosses, and even the internet. So, I think it's important that kids learn how to interact and socialize from a young ago. I'm not saying that the test are group work, because if you did it that way then you would never know where the individual is at, but having groups for work days, interaction, group work, and just having them understand or learn a new together. I think this is the best way to see success in young children and it allows them to carry it with them as they get older. 


119,143 BEST School Clipart IMAGES, STOCK PHOTOS & VECTORS | Adobe Stock



 

Comments